Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's Potty Time

We did it! I was able to get Grace to go on the potty two times today. Although it took a lot of cups of water, juice boxes, and fruit snacks to make it happen. Not to mention, Mommy had to make up a song.
We go pee pee on the potty, pee pee on the potty, pee pee on the potty, that's what its all about. (or that's what potty training is all about)
We keep our diapers dry, we keep our diapers dry, we keep our diapers dry, that's what its all about.
We wear big girl underpants, we wear big girl underpants, we wear big girl under pants, that's what its all about. sung to something close to the hokey-pokey
She is loving the song and by the end of the evening was singing the that's what its all about part. We are also singing a lot of If Your Happy and You Know It, with extra verses I made up.

She has not let me know that she needs to go and I think she sat on the potty about 15 times today. At one point she got up and ran into the family room and immediately peed on the floor. After getting that cleaned up and then the cat peed on the floor, which is something new (AND IT BETTER NOT HAPPEN AGAIN - THE CAT, not Gracie).

I did run out to Target this morning a picked up some training pants. Not pull-ups but the old fashion super thick training pants. My mom thinks that pull-ups are evil. She said that they are too much like diapers and the kids don't feel it when they are wet.

I have decided that we will stick to diapers until she can at least tell me when she is wet or tell me that she needs to go. If I start now I'm worried about all the messes that I'm going to have to cleanup and I have a hard enough time keeping up with the ones I already have.

We have a sticker chart that she loves, but I don't think that she understands that she only gets a sticker if she goes on the potty. She keeps bringing me the roll of stickers and then throws a tantrum when I take them away.

After she went pee pee, she was able to get her choice of rewards, and she chose a big bucket of bubbles. We spent about an hour outside blowing bubbles, picking up sticks, and playing on the toddler swing and slide. We would have stayed outside longer but the mosquitoes started biting. Who would have thought, mosquitoes in March.
click on any photo to view larger

No comments:

Post a Comment