The day started off ok, I had to wake Grace up, so she wasn't hap
She was so cute on the way to school, her backpack fell on the floor of the car and she started ye
When I dropped her off at her classroom, she was so excited, and thought that maybe it wouldn't be as hard as I expected. She was the first one to arrive in class and they had some toys out for free play. We hung up her coat and backpack on her hook and as Mommy talked with the teacher while she started playing with the balls and mazes they had out. By this time a couple of her new friends showed up and they were all playing together. Actually playing together, they were sharing and passing a ball to one another so that everyone had something to play with. I could not believe how great these other kids were. If you have been around 2 and 3 year olds, you know they don't normally play well with each other, and it is more like a side-by-side interaction.
After a while I said my good-byes and left her with a big hug and kiss. As I watched from the two way mirror, she seemed to be doing much better than I could have ever imagined so I headed off to the lobby to sit and wait. I had already decided that for at least the first week I would stay the day (out of sight) just in case it was too much for her. Until now she has only been away from me a couple dozen times and usually has a really hard time.
Zachary arrived about ten minutes later and I gave Keisha (Zachary's wonderful nurse) the camera and walked back towards the classroom with them. At that time Gracie was doing great, she was playing with the other children and smiling. So I watched again for a little while and then headed back to the lobby to wait.

Painting with Kelly
I watched for quite a while and noticed that Zdena Grace’s head started bobbing up and down; she was starting to fall asleep. Not beingKeisha came out to the lobby to show me the painting that Gracie had painted with Kelly (before she fell asleep) and to let me know that she was doing a lot better. My mom said that I needed to have my picture taken to help remember how much Mommy cried on Zdena Grace’s first day of school.
She woke up about the time they were having snack and was doing much better, she sat and had snack with the other kids and then they went outside to brave the cold. I watched from the window and she looked as if she was having a lot of fun, so back to the lobby for me.
I saw Zachary in the lobby; he was riding a bike with one of the other kids in his class. I asked if he could help take care of Grace and show her the ropes. He smiled and nodded yes. When he returned to class, I was told that he gave her a hug and a kiss and then made sure that she did what she was suppose to do. I wish I would have said something to him this morning. I think that it might have made Gracie’s day a little easier.
I saw Zachary in the lobby; he was riding a bike with one of the other kids in his class. I asked if he could help take care of Grace and show her the ropes. He smiled and nodded yes. When he returned to class, I was told that he gave her a hug and a kiss and then made sure that she did what she was suppose to do. I wish I would have said something to him this morning. I think that it might have made Gracie’s day a little easier.



No comments:
Post a Comment