We started the day with Mommy having to wake up Zdena Grace and rushing around to get out the door on time. When we arrived a school she seemed to have finally woken up and was very excited to get to her class. She lead me to her classroom, we hung up her coat and backpack on her hook and then started playing with the toys that were out.
I thought that maybe this was going to be a pretty good day, so I said good-bye, gave hugs and kisses and then the crying fit started. I tried to get her attention on something else so that I could leave, but that never happened. Kelly came into the room and started playing with her so that I could slip away, but before I was out the door she was inconsolable. I stayed and watched for a little while and then started crying myself. Maybe this was a bad idea, maybe she is just too young, and maybe we should wait until July and try again. I called my Mom (the preschool expert) and let her know what was happening, she said to give it a chance. She said to see how today and next week go and then make your decision. I felt like I should run in and grab my little sweet pea and take her out of there.I couldn't take it any longer so I headed off to the lobby to wait a little
Zachary arrived a little bit later and I walked back with him and Keisha to check on Zdena Grace. I was told later that Zachary had gone over to her a little while later and gave her a hug.
She was still crying so I returned to the lobby to call my Mommy. She tried to console me, but I was getting more upset so I decided to go the car and wait. While I was on the phone with Mom, Keisha came outside, I thought to myself, OH NO, and they want me to take her home. But she was actually bringing good news. Something changed with Gracie at about 10:30 she started to play. She started to participate on her own, she started laughing and talking. So the rest of the day was a good one...
click on any photo to see larger
No comments:
Post a Comment