Wednesday, March 11, 2009

No More One Arm

Today after preschool Grace and I headed over to the doctor's office to have her cast removed.

She has a great time in the waiting room (they have really good lollipops - Mommy ate a few) and the office staff was really nice to her.
click on any photo to view larger
When it was finally our turn to go back to the examination room, she was a little hesitant, so I mostly had coaxed her back. She quickly felt at ease when she saw the toys.We waited for what seemed a really long time before anyone came into the room. It took myself holding her, one assistant to hold her arm and someone else to cut off the cast, but off it did finally come. I wish I could have gotten a picture of them cutting it off, but I was a little preoccupied holding her as still as I could. Once the cast came off, she had some cuts on her arm from where her skin was dry and cracked and her arm looked a little bit like a waffle. She wasn't so sure about the new freedom of her arm and kept looking at it like she wasn't sure about the change.
After a little while they came in to get us to take us to have her arm x-rayed. Then back to the exam room to wait for the Doctor to read the x-rays and come into examine Grace's arm. After playing for a little while, the Doctor came in and showed me the x-rays, the bone has healed nicely and she is a two arm child once again. He did say NO monkey bars, jungle gyms, or trampolines for at least three weeks.
After Daddy came home, I tried to get Grace to take her cast to show it to Daddy, but she pushed it away and said "NO, THANK YOU!" I guess she is glad to be rid of it, I don't blame her, and I am too.

No comments:

Post a Comment