My Mom's group had already planed a Shamrock Shindig for today and Aunt Sally called me yesterday to try to get the kids together for a park play date. I thought Aiden would have fun with all the other kids, so I invited them to come. Although I think Aunt Sally misunderstood me. I think she thought it was my Mom's group, meaning my Mother, who was not there, but I think they both had a lot of fun.
We then headed over to see the all the animals. Suson Park has an animal farm with goats, sheep, miniature horses, pot bellied pigs, cows, horses, chickens, rosters, peacocks, turkeys, as well as other animals.
Aiden decided that it was time for lunch so we headed over to the pavilion by the lake. I don't know if Aiden just worked up an appetite or if he didn't eat much lunch. He ate everything that Aunt Sally brought with her as well as a couple of pretzel sticks that Gracie had. Although he did save a couple of green bread scrapes so that we could feed the ducks.
I guess the ducks were already full, because they didn't want anything to do with us or the green bread. I was able to get a big white duck to eat some pretzel, but I don't think he liked it. I went ahead and took the opportunity to get a few more pictures of the cousins together. So far today, I had not had a very good day with the picture taking. I need my own personal film crew and photographer to follow us around, so that my pictures don't look like I wasn't drinking green beer while I was taking them. Not that I was drinking, but, well, I'm sure you know what I mean. While I'm at it, I want hair and makeup magicians as well.
After lunch and a little illegal feeding of the ducks, we headed back to see the rest of the animals. I guess everyone was out enjoying the nice weather because the Fire Department was there showing off their cool truck and giving out Firefighter helmets to the kids. The fire truck was still running so Aiden didn't want to climb in and take a look, so the firefighter brought out the Jaws of Life for the kids to see. I knew they were big, I just never imagined how large and heavy they were. Gracie loved her helmet so much, that she threw a fit when I tried to take it off her so that she could get back in the stroller. There are some pictures of her with it on backwards, that was the only way she could wear it so that she could sit back. Oh and I know she looks silly, but it was about 70 degrees at this time. I knew it was suppose to get warm today, but I didn't think it was going to be this warm, this early, so I overdressed her. Next time I am going to make sure I have a change of clothes for her in the car.

So back to the animals for some cute photo-ops....
We had a great day; Zdena Grace fell asleep before we made it home. Hopefully our schedule will allow us to spend more time with Aunt Sally and Aiden in the future.
The day started out under the pavilion with coloring and giant cupcakes, which neither one of the kids took part in. They had more fun running up and down the hill. We soon headed over to the playground for some climbing, sliding, and swinging fun.

Aiden decided that it was time for lunch so we headed over to the pavilion by the lake. I don't know if Aiden just worked up an appetite or if he didn't eat much lunch. He ate everything that Aunt Sally brought with her as well as a couple of pretzel sticks that Gracie had. Although he did save a couple of green bread scrapes so that we could feed the ducks.
I guess the ducks were already full, because they didn't want anything to do with us or the green bread. I was able to get a big white duck to eat some pretzel, but I don't think he liked it. I went ahead and took the opportunity to get a few more pictures of the cousins together. So far today, I had not had a very good day with the picture taking. I need my own personal film crew and photographer to follow us around, so that my pictures don't look like I wasn't drinking green beer while I was taking them. Not that I was drinking, but, well, I'm sure you know what I mean. While I'm at it, I want hair and makeup magicians as well.
After lunch and a little illegal feeding of the ducks, we headed back to see the rest of the animals. I guess everyone was out enjoying the nice weather because the Fire Department was there showing off their cool truck and giving out Firefighter helmets to the kids. The fire truck was still running so Aiden didn't want to climb in and take a look, so the firefighter brought out the Jaws of Life for the kids to see. I knew they were big, I just never imagined how large and heavy they were. Gracie loved her helmet so much, that she threw a fit when I tried to take it off her so that she could get back in the stroller. There are some pictures of her with it on backwards, that was the only way she could wear it so that she could sit back. Oh and I know she looks silly, but it was about 70 degrees at this time. I knew it was suppose to get warm today, but I didn't think it was going to be this warm, this early, so I overdressed her. Next time I am going to make sure I have a change of clothes for her in the car.
So back to the animals for some cute photo-ops....

We had a great day; Zdena Grace fell asleep before we made it home. Hopefully our schedule will allow us to spend more time with Aunt Sally and Aiden in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment