Saturday, March 28, 2009

Our First Easter Egg Hunt

Today Zdena Grace went on her very first Easter egg hunt.

Aunt Sally's church held an Easter egg hunt this morning. I called her early this week to find out about the event. She said that for the last few years they have brought the hunt inside because of the weather in the past. That was a good call, because this morning we woke to terrible thunder storms.

The Easter Bunny completely freaked her out; it did not matter if I held her. She wanted nothing to do with him, maybe next year. She did, however want to stand and watch him from a distance.

So on to the church, where we sang songs and the youth minister told the story of Christ's death and resurrection (in a way that children would understand).

Then it was time for the hunt, Gracie was in with the younger children. The joy on her face when we walked into the room with all the eggs was priceless. Although she didn't know what she was suppose to do, once I showed her she caught on very quickly.

In true Grace style, once her basket was full, (I had to persuade her that she didn't need any more Easter eggs) she started helping a baby girl collect eggs. Zdena Grace would place the eggs right next to the little girl, who I don't think was even one, so that she could pick them up and put them in her basket. When the little girl wasn't picking them up fast enough, Grace started just filling up her basket for her.

After our basket was full and all the eggs were picked up we headed out. As we were leaving we were told that we had to go into the gymnasium to get a prize. So Grace picked out a pink plush bunny ballerina, another pink plush bunny, a couple of squirty rubber duckies, and some sidewalk chalk. I'm telling you, they really know how to put on an Easter celebration.
click on any photo to view larger
(you may have to click your back button to return)


When we arrived home we had to have a few more Easter egg hunts. But Grace got upset when Mommy removed all the candy from the eggs, so she helped me fill them with pasta. I guess Easter Eggs should rattle.

We had a great time and look forward to a few more hunts before the season is over.

Mommy trying to be fancy with black and white

No comments:

Post a Comment